If you're like us, you've got family and friends all over the country and in some cases, all over the world. One of my very best friends moved to Australia about six years ago and it's killing me! We still talk quite often, but I miss her greatly and she's only seen Max once. So after talking to her the other night I thought we'd make something special, just for her. This is what we came up with, a Valentine's Day card to show her (and her lovely husband) we miss them.
I also thought this would be cute if for grandparents/aunts/uncles/friends who live in another state.
ages: 4 & up
A few snap shots from my Australia trip 4 years ago:
get to work:
1. Begin by showing your child the map. Help them identify where you live first, and then look for where your recipient lives. (Countries, states, cities - these are all concepts that many children wont get for a little while, don't fret if they don't understand fully).
2. Cut out the states/countries/continents of where you live and where your recipient lives.
3. Glue these onto the blank card (for good measure we glued ours in the proper orientation of the countries, but you can give your kid free reign to put them where ever they'd like).
4. Glue your heart in between the states. (I used the cellophane heart from this project. You could do that or draw/cut out your own).
5. Now connect the heart and the states together with a few dashes.
6. Color a picture on the inside, write a nice note and send it on it's way!